IPython 2.0 is actually out now! Yay! (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ipython)
If you don’t believe me then just:
pip install --upgrade ipython
See what’s new at http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/2/whatsnew/version2.0.html
but the highlights are:
- interactive widgets for the notebook
- directory navigation in the notebook dashboard
- persistent URLs for notebooks
- a new modal user interface in the notebook
- a security model for notebooks.
You can check out the example IPython notebooks http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/ipython/ipython/blob/master/examples/Index.ipynb on nbviewer.
The guys and gals at IPython HQ are asking that we all please give it a test. They plan to have 2.0.1 released within a month – based on the initial feedback.
Bring on the bug reports!